[esa-t474] Things to do before running

Alexey Lyapin al at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 16:29:17 GMT 2008

Hi Mark,

You are quite right, this will be a tough run and will require quite
some coordination. For that reason I think we should start joint
T-474/T-480 meetings, possibly next week. Since we have a usual ESA
Monday 8am/4pm meeting next week, maybe we can meet again at
9:30am/5:30pm as usual or just stretch the ESA meeting a bit?

I guess the hardware crew will start a bit earlier, EU people arriving
the weekend of June 7/8. Analysis guys should follow with a delay of a
day or two. Then I suggest the following blocks:

June  9-11: Hardware installation, NMR calibrations, initial checkouts
June 11-13: Commissioning, goal: all BPM channels working, reasonable
resolution, all calibration signals fed in, new movers working etc
June 14-15: Stability runs for BPM studies
June 16-20: Collimator + Energy spectrometer runs
June 21-22: Energy spectrometer stability studies + Collimator studies

Cheers,
Alex