[esa-t474] FW: ESA running; primary beam tests

Woods, Michael B. mwoods at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 4 18:34:27 GMT 2008

Hi, one of the items from yesterday's t-474 meeting was to get an update on what to expect from lcls beams this year regarding charge and how beam time sharing with lcls commissioning would work.  Some exchange with Paul Emma on this is given below.

Additional input will come after Stew and Nigel discuss their manpower available for a t474/t480 run and for the analysis.  Would also be useful to know what Michele's plans are.  It seems like Sergey will be completing his thesis, graduating and moving on from information Bino provided.  We had some discussion that if we ran we might not use the magnets for T-474, though I would find this quite perplexing for motivation as the goal is to demonstrate spectrometer performance.

We'll try to converge on a run scenario by email.  But if necessary we can have a further phone discussion Thursday at 8am slac time.  mike