[esa-t474] Calibration system upgrades

Alexey Lyapin al at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 20:18:25 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

I am trying to work out how to improve and extend the calibration
system. All schematics and speadsheets I will be putting into the elog entry
https://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/elog//T-474+Hardware/24

In general, I would like to hide all the hanging cables, couplers and
splitters we've got now into boxes like the one Yury and his students
made some time ago. The amplifier(s?) will be a bit more powerful, so we
will have to make a proper case for it too. I would try rearranging the
electronics and make some new cables so that the cabling is minimized
and cables for 1 triplet are possibly of the same length. I will
estimate the cost of that tidying up and I guess we should discuss how
to split it, and actually any suggestions on schematics/layouts, in our
next meeting.

Cheers,
Alex