[esa-t474] Updates

Alexey Lyapin al at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 17:22:45 GMT 2007

Hi Mark et al,

I suggest - for consistency - we show 1 vs 2 (fig23_12) as we do 4 vs
3,5 and 10 vs 9, 11 to show the intra-station stability. Then, we have
the linked system stability plots, which don't look as good as we hoped.
  We suspect BPMs 1 and 2, so we show 1 vs 3, 5, 9, 10 (fig23_10) and 2
vs 3, 5, 9, 10 (fig23_8) and say that both behave the same way and the
drift is huge, so the screwup is there, but I don't think we can really
explain it, can we? We could say though that we decided to move all the
BPM 1,2 electronics to the racks in the ESA to avoid additional
systematics due to longer cables and different environment, to use 14
bit digitisers to improve the resolution of 1 and 2, and to build the
calibration system and monitor drifts online.

Cheers,
Alex