[esa-t474] Typos corrected

Adolphsen, Chris star at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 3 09:01:11 GMT 2007

Has anyone compiled a list of the size of the out-of-phase components of the bpm signals - it might explain the 'low signal' phenomena that is referred to in the paper (i.e., I believe one is more sensitive to phase errors when the out-of-phase signals dominates).

BTW - Johnny is currently analyzing the bpm 3-5 signals and is seeing that each signal (x and y) contains a mixture of the two polarizations which differ in frequency at the MHz level (although one dominates) - this can cause a pronounced beating effect when the normally dominate mode is small, and will likely worsen the resolution unless the signals are analyzed properly (e.g. doing a two mode fit instead applying the DDC algorithm, which assumes one mode).