[esa-t474] t0 and tdecay

Bino Maiheu bino at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 11:59:52 GMT 2008

Dear All,

I've added plots of T0 and decay times for the waveforms for all the
fitted pulses in the run database. All plots are there now for the main
T474 runsets : 2463-2525, 2594-2652, 2725-2850. ( 2379-2420 is still
running and have to start the checkout runs 2030-2307 still )

http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/lc/T474/EsaRunInfo/show_dq.php

Also, i've added a plot of the averaged t0 and decay times per run
versus runnumber ( so far only for the last runset )

https://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/elog//T-474/98

All values are in microseconds.

Note that the average t0 stays roughly within 10 ns ( 1 digitiser
sample ), but I'm not sure how to proceed with the DDC algorithm since
we had internal clock but no trigger pulse in every SIS card. I can
proceed with the average t0 values and fix those, however this doesn't
mean that the t0 for individual pulses will remain constant within 10 ns
( see the plots in the database ). I propose i proceed still with this
approach, so just take the average t0 and fix it, since this is what we
did during our online calibration running as well ( since we assumed we
had external clock ).

Any thoughts and comments on this issue are welcom. I'll add more plots
later on...

Cheers,
     bino

--