[esa-t474] Your submission (fwd)

Eric Torrence torrence at uoregon.edu
Fri Dec 14 18:02:18 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

    I think Mike has already given some good pointers
on this, but just to reiterate it should be clearly
stated that measuring the mean beam energy before
collisions is a necessary (but certainly not sufficient)
part of determining the collision spectrum needed for
the ILC program.  For both direct reconstruction like
M_H and threshold scans like M_t, the peak of the
spectrum is the most important feature.  There are
plenty of corrections, including energy loss in magnets
and beamstrahlung, which need to be applied, but without
a calibrated mean beam energy measurement you have no hope.

Regards,
-Eric