[esa-t474] [Fwd: esa-t474 post from drw1@hep.phy.cam.ac.uk requiresapproval]

Woods, Michael B. mwoods at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 14 17:31:05 GMT 2007

Hi, a concise explanation of how the energy spectrometer data is used together Bhabha acolinearity to extract the lumi spectrum should be given, consistent with the comments below.  Some additional references to add to Ref. 1 are needed.  There seems to be a misconception by the editor of connections between energy spectrometer goals and physics analyses using PFAs and jet energy measurements; this should be addressed as well in comments to him.  Some comment on physics analyses to complement energy spectrometer measurements would be useful in the paper as well; ex. to comment on use of radiative return events and give a reference.

Would be good to have people suggest references for Mark to review and then synthesize that information into a concise description in the text and a response to the reviewer.  One such reference is IPBI TechNote IPBI-TN-2003-1, http://www.slac.stanford.edu/xorg/lcd/ipbi/notes/white.pdf which addresses energy spectrometer requirements, luminosity spectrum and physics analyses; it also contains a number of good references regarding energy precision required and relevant physics analyses.

Mike