[esa-t474] Submitting in 24 hours and counting...

Eric Torrence torrence at uoregon.edu
Fri Dec 7 08:14:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

    At least with arXiv, you can replace an initial version
with a revised version.  This is a "preprint" server, and
aside from a few theorists, most people understand it as
such.  It is precisely a mechanism for getting a preprint
out there for people to look at while referees are reviewing
it for a journal.  In papers I have submitted, I have often
received more useful comments from preprint readers than
I have from the PRL referees.  I would not hesitate posting
it to arXiv.  I don't know anything about the EuroTeV
procedure.  Here you may want to be more cautious.

Regards,
-Eric