[esa-t474] attempt at shiftplan

Yury Kolomensky yury at physics.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 3 08:58:38 BST 2006

	Hi Bino,

this is a good start. Let me put a bit more meat into it:

Shift 1,2 (after initial beam tuning/centering with screens is done --
presumably day or swing 7/8/06)
   - Initial BPM checkout: signal sizes, frequency, attenuation
	- Offset beam by ~0.5 mm from initial orbit, look at signal amplitude
and frequency
	- Access ESA if necessary to set proper attenuation (we will leave the
attenuation as at the end of last run, but things may change with
tuning)
	- Commission BPM 24 readout (energy)
- Calibration around nominal trajectory
- Measure BPM offsets relative to nominal trajectory
- Find optimal feedback setpoints to center on each BPM triplet

Monday 7/10/06: realign BPMs if necessary

Shift 3 (e.g. Monday swing, 7/10):

- Calibration, check alignment
- Find new nominal trajectory (center on BPMs)

Shift 4: Resolution studies:
	- Internal vs external clock
	- Resolution and inter-BPM offsets vs beam offset, bunch length, beam
tune, beam energy

Shift 5,6 (preferably in a row)
	- Stability studies: long runs interspersed with calibration runs.
	- Develop automated calibration procedure (e.g. with button macro and
DAC/ADC or EPICS readout of the corrector values)
	- Check relationship between BPM triplets

This should be enough for about the a week or a little more (assuming
we get roughly a third of beam time). We can assess further studies,
realignment etc. towards the end of week 1.

Yury