[esa-t474] eLog misbehaviour/x-mas

Alexey Lyapin liapine at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 12:56:32 GMT 2006

Dear All,

Apologies if you got "spammed" by my recent eLog entries, i did not
realize that the default email notification suppression is now off. The
admins are working on restoring this setting, but for some reason it's
difficult with the new version of the eLog.

On the other hand, Bino's, Filimon's and my eLogs are a sort of lab
journals to track the work back and are not supposed to be
useful/understandable for a wider auditorium, so I would advise everyone
to consider unsubscribing from those, unless you find them extremely
informative.

Also: the eLog is being backuped, so the data *should* not get lost; the
self registration for all ILC logbooks is now CLOSED, if there is anyone
wanting to become a user, they have to ask Filimon, who is the eLog
admin, it makes sense to cc the request to Bino or myself just in case.

I am sending this to the t474 mailing list, but if someone can forward
that info to the wakefield guys, that would probably be useful.

Let me finish with the boring stuff and wish you a Happy Christmas and a
nice New Year celebration! It was a pleasure for me to work with all of
you this year and I hope the next year will be even more productive. I'm
sure that all of the UK group will join me to say: Thank you and see you
in the New Year, our best wishes!

Cheers,
Alex